Sunday, February 6, 2011

Boba

Boba is T’s favorite non-acholic drink. He would pay $4 for a good Taro caramel boba - let’s talk about expensive taste here! Boba is also our dog’s name. We got him about three weeks ago when he was ten weeks’ old.


I am not a pet person. It is too much responsibility. And you yourself are leashed. You cannot just go wherever and whenever. Who’s gonna take care your pet? Besides, I absolutely don’t like the idea of artificial breeding. I consider making hybrid pets for profit as one of the most inhumane things in this world.


But pets, especially dogs and cats, are very popular in the United States. One statistics says, people in this country owes 77.5 million dogs and 93.6 million cats. It is like about one in four people has a dog and one in three has a cat.


T wanted a dog from Day One we moved down here. I really opposed the idea. For one thing, I don’t want any pet, as stated before. For another, we were not settled yet. Having a dog is to add another uncontrollable factor in life. Too much to handle. So I said, “find a job first, and then we’ll talk about it.” But one Saturday, when I finished school and got in the car, T was holding a puppy dog! I was about to yell. Then I saw T’s “please don’t be mad” eyes and Boba’s quiet and obedient face. Promptly T swore, “I’ll take full responsibility of him!” My heart got soft and accepted Boba as our new family member.


Now we are going through the training process. We want to teach him only to pee and poop outside the house. The idea is to train him to hold his No. 1 and No. 2 as long as possible. Right now he can do it for up to five hours. Longer than that would lead to disasters on the floor or in his cage. But progress has been made. In the beginning, he could only hold three and half hours. T has to get up at around two or three o’clock every night to take him out. It is painful.


Besides the pain, however, our gain is having a lot of fun with Boba. He runs around, stirring much liveliness in the apartment.


Now switching gear a little bit, I welcome you to visit my personal business website. I need some outsiders’ clicks so that google might pick it up and present it to people who look for a Chinese - English interpreter. I know the number of my blog viewers is one digit, but it is better than nothing. Also, Remember to go back from time to time to check out the “translation samples” section. I’ll put on articles I translate from different fields, and hopefully they are all interesting to you.

3 comments:

kd said...

you need hot links back to your side.
Try put the link to facebook.

And other thing is try Adsense by google, only a little Money can lead to your targeted potential costumer

dan said...

Hi Chris: I will link your professional site to my blog, that's the least i could do ;)

Dan Dalian said...

Your site is linked to my facebook and blog as well...