Saturday, January 23, 2010

移动



The good thing about having my birthday in January is that I only need to do the "summary of my last year and making plans for my new year" thing once. This "recall and look ahead" self-reflection was such a big deal when I was younger, now it's like "eh, another year, whatever".


Nevertheless, 2009 was so fast. Its January was like yesterday. Memories of the pain and disappointment in the first half year and the excitement in the second half year were still so fresh. They were all worth it and they were there for a reason.


Too bad I'm leaving "the city" soon. Having done consecutive interpretation for a couple of meetings recently, I decided to go to a translation and interpretation program in LA this fall. This is always something I want to do but didn't have courage to try.

Now it's the time.


"You'll need to make some decisions when you are 28 and 36", says the book "Secrets of birthdays". It seems it's true. "Wow, that's a big decision, leaving your current field and going into a new one", my roommate said. I don't feel how big it is, it feels very natural and right. And I'm very excited.


It has been raining for over ten days in the city. I used to hate the rain and the inconvenience it brings, like many others. Until about the same time last year, one friend said, "we need the rain to fill our water reservoir; we need water". That totally changed my attitude toward rain. I'm not bothered by it. Instead, I'm grateful.

No comments: